Learn about our treatments for neuromas, which cause nerve pain in the foot. Our solutions provide relief and prevent further discomfort, so you can enjoy pain-free steps.
If you are experiencing neuroma pain, North Shore Foot & Ankle offers specialized care to address this condition. Neuromas, often referred to as Morton’s neuroma, involve a thickening of the tissue around a nerve, typically between the third and fourth toes.
At North Shore Foot & Ankle, the treatment for neuroma pain may include the following:
- Accurate Diagnosis: A thorough evaluation and diagnosis are crucial to understanding the extent of the neuroma and developing an appropriate treatment plan.
- Conservative Measures: Non-surgical approaches such as changes in footwear, orthotic devices, and padding to reduce pressure on the affected nerve may be recommended initially.
- Corticosteroid Injections: In some cases, corticosteroid injections may be administered to alleviate inflammation and provide temporary relief from pain.
- Physical Therapy: Targeted exercises and stretches may be prescribed to improve foot mechanics and reduce symptoms.
- Custom Orthotics: Tailored shoe inserts can help alleviate pressure on the affected area and provide additional support.
- Minimally Invasive Procedures: We may offer minimally invasive procedures to address neuroma pain, such as radio-frequency ablation or alcohol sclerosing injections.
- Surgical Options: In cases where conservative measures are not effective, surgical intervention may be considered to remove or release the affected nerve.
It’s essential to schedule a consultation with North Shore Foot & Ankle to discuss your symptoms, undergo a comprehensive evaluation, and receive personalized recommendations for the treatment of neuroma pain.