Experience effective heel pain treatments, including those for plantar fasciitis. Our team diagnoses the root cause of your pain and develops personalized plans to relieve your discomfort.
Heel pain can be caused by various conditions, and seeking expert advice is crucial for an accurate diagnosis and effective treatment.
Common causes of heel pain include:
- Plantar Fasciitis: Inflammation of the plantar fascia, a band of tissue connecting the heel bone to the toes.
- Achilles Tendinitis: Inflammation of the Achilles tendon, which connects the calf muscles to the heel bone.
- Heel Spurs: Bony outgrowths on the heel bone that may cause pain.
- Stress Fracture: We have in-office x-ray to quickly help rule out stress fracture of the heel bone.
Dr. Christensen and his team may offer a range of treatments for heel pain, such as:
- Custom Orthotics: Insoles designed to provide support and reduce strain on the foot.
- Physical Therapy: Exercises to stretch and strengthen the foot and ankle.
- Anti-Inflammatory Medications: To reduce pain and inflammation.
- Corticosteroid Injections: Injections to alleviate inflammation and pain.
For an accurate diagnosis and personalized treatment plan, schedule a consultation with the team at North Shore Foot & Ankle. They can provide guidance on managing heel pain and improving overall foot health.